Thursday, January 26, 2012

Roller-Coaster Week

Phew. This week has definitely been a roller coaster! Husband was offered a new job that doesn't involve a 2 hr. commute each way (which he has been doing for the last 3 years), we purchased a new car since both of our cars hit the end of their (very long) lives, and we got to see McNugget on Monday at the anatomy scan :) Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay, Yay!

However, today went a little crazy starting with the moment I walked into my physical therapist's office at 7:30 AM. Let me preface this by saying that before I began appointments with the office three weeks ago, I provided my insurance information and a prescription from my doctor. I also provided my insurance card my first visit (they photocopied it), and I asked if I had a co-pay to which I was told no. I have had 6 appointments prior to today. This morning they told me that they are actually considered an out-of-network provider by my insurance company, and that all of my visits cost $75.00. I'm fairly certain my heart stopped for a while. I mean if I had known that from the beginning I would have gone elsewhere. I'm planning on fighting it tomorrow, but if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I also got home and realized our oil heater is broken. We're hoping to be able to get someone who can come out and fix it tomorrow. Craziness!

Deep Breaths. Deep Breaths.

I'm going to try focus on all of the pluses from earlier this week, and stare at pictures of mcnugget. Happy thoughts! The scan was a bit of a wash, as our baby decided to curl up like a burrito and stay feet to chin so that the technician couldn't get most of the needed measurements. Baby also didn't cooperate during their 12 week ultrasound, and we had to come back a week later. At the 13 week ultrasound the technician had to poke and prod fairly intensely, and no lie our little bugger lifted their fist and shook it. Needless to say, we didn't have very high expectations this time around, and mcnugget proved once again that they really, really dislike the ultrasound paparazzi. So, we have to go back again in 3 weeks to see if they can get the rest of the measurements. I'm not gonna lie...I kinda secretly like that our baby is waging a war with the maternal fetal imaging department, because it means I get to see him/her a lot :)


The "Thinker" Pose
Hmmm...methinks you should stop taking my picture.


Trying out for the 2028 Summer Olympics
Look Ma, my feet can touch my chin! 

Hopefully tomorrow goes back on the upswing! We're heading to the shore for the weekend, so it'll be nice to get away for a bit. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: