Friday, February 20, 2009

Getting Ready Part 3: All Dressed Up and to the Church We Go!

Finally getting to put on the dress that I had thought about for 6 months had to be one of my most favorite moments of the morning. I just love my dress. If I could get away with it, I think I would wear it around the house for fun. Yeah, I'm crazy like that...but lets be honest...it's just such a shame that you only get to wear the most exciting dress of your life for a total of about 10 hours. Insert Tear. Hopefully any future children/grandchildren will be able to use the material for something (I'm not getting any hopes up about anyone re-wearing the dress). I may possibly use the material to make christening gowns, but we'll see...


There's just something about this picture that I love.




The pretty lace back makes me swoon. Sigh. 




Ahhh the bow tying extravaganza. I'm rediculously picky about my bows. This meant I had one chance to tie the bow perfectly so that it wouldn't get super wrinkly. How does one learn to tie the perfect bow? Martha of course! Yes, I seriously did master this technique just for this reason.



Check out my mad bow tying skillz



Maids of Honor A & B (also known as my sisters) attach the flower I found to cover the bow's knot. Etsy never fails to amaze me!



Fabulous photographer decided to take some bridal shots. I think the my face in the first shot sums up everything I felt that day. 







My daddy seeing me for the first time. He was absolutely adamant that he would not see my dress until the day of the wedding. This was the moment of the "big reveal." I loved that he waited to see me all dressed up. It just made the day even more special.







Going to join my girls so that we can head off to the Church!!! I couldn't wait to see Ryan. It seriously felt like the longest morning of my life.



One last group shot. Look at how gorgeous my friends and sisters are!!!




The people who taught me every day what a marriage should be like. I always told myself that I would never settle for anyone less than someone who treated me just like my Dad treated my Mom. And I'm so glad I waited for him to come along!!!



Daddy Bond.



And we're off!!! The rented car was my sisters' wedding present to us. I can't wait to show you some of the amazing pictures that we had taken with it :0) 



Next Up: We get MAAARRRRIIIEEEDDD!!!!


All pictures courtesy of Kate Leigh

19 comments:

Jessica said...

um, your wedding/wedding party/you are all so beautiful! i'm tearing up. congrats :)

JennyLee said...

All of the photos are amazing but that first one is beyond stunning!

Laura said...

I am so jealous of all your pictures and wedding. It was so beautiful. And that dress, amazing.

Tanya said...

Wow, you are absolutely stunning! I love the picture of you and your dad... made me tear up. Beautiful wedding!!!

Aliya said...

umm.. you are gorgeous! LOVE your dress and your b-maid dresses... you look absolutely stunning! :)

katie said...

your pictures are gorgeous! I love your dress. And the pictures capture all of the excitement and tenderness of the moments.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!

RachelAnn said...

you all look so beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

You wedding dress was absolutely beautiful! I also love the color of the bridesmaids' dresses. That is so cute that your Dad waited to see your dress - I love that idea! :)

Anonymous said...

love the expression on your dad's face when he saw you for the first time!!!
Ah...totally my dream to have that exact car for my wedding!!!

Miss E said...

Oh you look absolutely radiant in those pics - what a neat way to share your story with us! The reveal with you and your dad were so sweet, I wanted to cry...

Jules said...

Beautiful pictures, Katie! You were a gorgeous bride. Everyone looked great.
I love the color of the bridesmaids' dresses. It looks nice on everyone.

Holly said...

What gorgeous photos!
One question...in one photo you're tying the bow at the front of the dress, and then in the next one, of your sisters attaching the flower, it's magically at the back! How did THAT happen!? :D

Wren Events said...

Hahaha...I had to tie it in the front so I could see what I was doing, and I left it semi- loose enough that I could just slide it towards the back. Yeah, I may be the only person who ties the bows for the back of a dress in the front :0P

mrs shortcake said...

You look AMAZING! I love the colour of your bridesmaids' dresses!

Annie Peterson said...

Wow, it is all so stunning! You looked so beautiful, and your dress was stunning, and your bridesmaids were wonderful. And, I just have to say that it is so great that you had a pretty room to get ready in -- makes SUCH a difference in the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! I love your dress! :)

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

These pictures are beautiful and you look absolutely stunning! Thanks you SO much for sharing these pictures! Seriously, this looks like the perfect day!

jlc said...

Classy! Classy! Classy! Wow. I know I'm late on this but you look drop dead gorgeous in all these shots! Seriously!!


I was a huge fan of the lace for my wedding too!