Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fiona's Lullaby Playlist: Volume 1

We have a couple of long road trips coming up over the next few weeks. While I love Rockabye Baby! and Spanish Lullabies (for Ryan to sing), I need some more variety in my life. Plus, I'm horrible at remembering the lyrics to any of the traditional lullabies. Heck, I didn't even realize until we were setting up the nursery (at the ripe old age of 30) that Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, the ABC song, and Baa Baa Black Sheep were all set to the same melody. Enter Fiona's first mixed tape (well, cd if you will). It's very random, but I like it that way :)

 Fiona's Lullaby Playlist (Vol. 1):

1) Be My Baby- The Ronettes
2) My Girl- The Temptations
3) Baby Love- The Supremes
4) Beach Baby- The First Class
5) All You Need Is Love- The Beatles
6) God Only Knows- The Beach Boys
7) Back Where I Come From- Kenny Chesney (This is Fiona's favorite Kenny song...in our house, he's the baby whisperer)
8) She's Got It All- Kenny Chesney
9) It Won't Be Like This For Long- Darius Rucker
10) To Make You Feel My Love- Tamara Woodman
11) Baby Mine- Alison Krauss
12) Smile- Nat King Cole
13) When You Wish Upon A Star- Tony Bennett
14) Somewhere Over The Rainbow- Katherine McPhee
15) Goodnight, My Angel- Billy Joel
16) You Belong To Me- Carla Bruni (yup, Nicolas Sarkozy's wife)
17) When Irish Eye's Are Smiling (A favorite of my Dad's to sing to me when I was little)- Bing Crosby
18) Les Yeux Ouverts (Dream A Little Dream)- Emilie Claire Barlow
19) Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ra- Rosemary Clooney (another my Dad sang to me)
20) Sou Gan (Welsh Lullaby)- John Williams (Ryan learned this one in high school and loves to sing it to Fiona)
21) Hallelujah- Jeff Buckley
22) World to Me- David Gray
23) Ho Hey- The Lumineers
24) I Won't Give Up- Jason Mraz
25) The Best of What's Around- Dave Matthews Band

p.s. It's kind of weird to think that she'll never have to sit around all day by the radio to hit the record button when her favorite song comes on. Kids these days... :)